One of the Tier 1 Corporate & Investment Banks are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to join their legal team to be an expert within the Banking sector.
Key Responsibilities of the Legal Counsel:
- Becoming a key contact point in the business within the Banking Legal sections, focusing mostly on the capital markets area (Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets).
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documentation with a focus on capital markets transactions.
- Following legal and regulatory developments, deliver training and education to the German businesses and infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks and regulatory, as appropriate.
- Covering topics across the Corprorate and Investment Banking world for the team.
The ideal Legal Counsel will have:
- Fully qualified German lawyer with 2 - 5 years of experience either in private practice or in-house roles.
- A specialism in a Debt Capital Markets is a strong preference and exposure also into Equity Capital Markets would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of German Regulations such as a MiFID, MiFIR, WpHG
- Fluency in German & English
If you believe you could be interested, please reach out to Matthew Carton at Selby Jennings.