A leading trading company located in Amsterdam is looking for a Compliance Surveillance Officer to join their global compliance team. The role requires a technical understanding of trade surveillance and market abuse. Your expertise will be used to provide ongoing guidance and suggest improvements to the processes involved within the market abuse framework as well as chairing market abuse committees and presenting to senior internal stakeholders. If you have a strong level of technical knowledge of the Surveillance space as well the ability to effectively present findings and drive efficiency, we want to speak to you!
- Reviewing daily alerts arising from the trade surveillance system software across the trading venue
- Partner with team members, assisting junior compliance staff with their reviews to ensure accuracy, completeness and logging in their performance of daily alert monitoring
- Performance of the annual market abuse risk assessments (MARAs) for all of the clients jurisdictions and managing the results of the assessments inline with internal controls.
- Calibration of trade surveillance alerts.
- Ensuring appropriate market abuse training
- Act as an internal Market Abuse advertisement and information centre, spreading the word about the function
- Review, maintain and improve the scope of the current Surveillance framework with ownership to alter/improve processes
- Escalation of suspected market abuse or insider trading alerts.
- Retain oversight of improvements to the monitoring framework and work collaboratively with the monitoring function.
- 4-10 years of compliance experience, with a large amount within a Market Abuse/Trade Surveillance or similar environment
- Extensive knowledge of relevant market abuse regulations and regulators
- Experience of working with third party vendors supporting surveillance arrangements
- Experience using advanced Surveillance software for trade surveillance and electronic communications monitoring
- Fluency in English (verbal/written)