A top American Investment Bank is looking to build out their second line Operational Risk function covering their Corporate and Investment Banking business. This role will sit in the RCSA Execution team, which is accountable for working very closely with the Project Management office and leading end to end RCSAs across all lines of business of CIB.
In more detail the RCSA Execution team is accountable for developing processes to monitor and control any risks that could arise across the firm from an enterprise level. In this role you will build relationships with a number of teams across the firm, including the front office, bankers, corporate technology, operations, analytics, and more. The bank is looking for a candidate with at least 5 years of experience in the ORM space who is willing to wear a number of hats as the team continues to grow.
- Work with the Project Management office and technology teams to design and implement enhancements for the bank's risk assessment methodology
- Lead all aspects of the RCSA process including building relationships with internal teams, improving assessment methods, enforcing internal and external standards, and creating remediation/action plans.
- Work with the broader operational risk function to ensure that all data is being accurately communicated across business lines
- Report risk assessment metrics to senior management and governance committies
- From a big picture perspective work with the project management office to identify areas of the business that can be improved
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the Operational Risk area
- Strong background in RCSA and/or project management
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum, advanced degree preferred
- Ability to present to executive management
- Strong relationship building skills