Role: VP of Acquisitions/Subscriptions (Financial Media Publisher)
Location: Remote USA
Our client is a leading finance media publishing start-up that provides retail and institutional investors with high-quality, unique content across personal finance, investing, insurance, and mortgage verticals. Their goal is to deliver insightful, actionable content that drives the financial narrative and ultimately become the markets on-stop-shop for all things finance.
We are seeking a VP of Subscription Marketing to drive paid subscriptions and manage the company's audience development strategy. Ideally, you are an expert in marketing across multiple channels, including email, lead generation, paid marketing, SEO, social, display and highly adept in leading and executing successful acquisition strategies.
In this role, you will take ownership of an existing team of 9 marketing professionals as you look to both craft and lead execution on acquisition strategies and support the firm's ever expanding efforts to drive revenue growth. You will be a key player in driving the business unit growth upwards from $10mil/year and should have experience in managing larger budgets and revenue targets.
You will be responsible for THREE primary metrics:
- Growing paid subscriptions to the firm's newsletters
- Expanding the firm's email database
- Audience management and monetization
Specific responsibilities include:
- Craft and execute marketing strategies to drive both trial subscribers, upsell existing subscribers and improve subscriber engagement
- Lead paid and organic marketing programs (paid search, SEO, social platforms, etc.) for the firm's subscription products
- Drive significant email database growth, retention of email registrants by improving the conversion architecture and implementing best practices
We're looking for leaders who have:
- 10+ YoE leading subscription marketing and audience development. (Research/data marketing experience preferred.)
- Success designing and executing lead generation and conversion campaigns that leverage email, paid search, social, SEO, etc.
- Prior experience at a financial media publisher will be HIGHLY preferred
- Working knowledge of Hubspot required. Experience with Google Analytics and Salesforce a plus.