A technology-focused Venture Capital firm based out of Atlanta, GA is looking to add an Associate to their team and have flexibility in terms of start date. The firm primarily focuses on early-stage investments within the enterprise (B2B), marketplace technology, and tech-enabled services. The team focuses on funding companies located in the Southeast but also selectively invests in companies across the U.S. In this role, you'll be extremely hands-on working with portfolio companies while helping them grow to reach their optimal potential while also going out to the community and meeting with founders on a day-to-day basis.
The Venture Capital Associate will be responsible for:
- Associates are expected to support a Deal Team in identifying high-quality investment opportunities and keeping pipeline management systems up to date.
- The Associate will work closely with a Partner (Deal Team Leader) and a Principal, Vice President or Sr. Associate to support the activities of a Deal Team
- The Associate is charged with developing and maintaining models, research, customer interviews, and all analytical work that senior Deal Team Members deem necessary to appropriately evaluate a prospective deal.
- The Associate is expected to provide transaction support throughout due diligence and closing process.
- Post-investment, the Associate is responsible for ensuring that each portfolio company provides timely, high-quality business updates.
The Venture Capital Associate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of Venture Capital / Growth Equity / Investment Banking experience
- Bachelor's Degree and/or MBA
- A passion for entrepreneurial growth and a hands-on, collaborative approach to investing and business
- Previous experience or interest in sectors such as Technology or Software