Selby Jennings have partnered with an innovative direct lending asset manager who provide alternative finance to small and medium sized enterprises. The company have been excelling for 7 years, and having recently closed Fund 1 at c.100m they are planning to close Fund 2 in early 2021 at c.200m.
The firm is exciting as its tremendous performance has encouraged them to diversify, which plans in action to launch Venture Capital, Venture Debt, and SMA Quasi mid-market strategies planned to close in 2022+.
Therefore the hire of a entreprenurial business development professional is integral to the firm's growth.
- Lead all business development, sales, marketing, and investor relations activities.
- To build out a pipeline of suitable prospective investors in the UK Pension Fund space.
- Develop a business development and marketing strategy alongside the senior partners.
- Attend regular meetings with the key potential investors
- Manage relationships with existing and potential investors, updating them on the firm's activities and performance.
- Work with the wider firm to ensure marketing and sales materials are of the highest quality.
- Extensive knowledge and a successful record of dealing with Pension Funds (LGPS, Futse 100 and 250)
- Experience working with Direct Lending as an asset class or other private debt strategies.
- Bring a network of UK Pension Funds and look to set-up meetings with the CIO and these funds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- C.7+ years of experience working.
This is an opportunity to become part of a highly established team in a role whose work will create the platform for the future direction of this technology-enabled globally recognised organisation.
Please apply directly on this site and a consultant will get in touch to discuss this position.