Company: Large National Bank & Financial Services Group
Role: Trade Operations Officer - Trade Finance Group (New York, NY)
As the Trade Operations Officer, you will be directly reporting to the Head of Operations and will be responsible for managing the day-to-day affairs of the Trade Finance and Trade Loans services.
The position involves supervising staff, delivering training, ensuring work processes within the guidelines laid out including compliance regulations not limited to BSA/AML and be a back-up to the Head of Operations when necessary.
This opportunity is an excellent chance to increase your exposure across a fast-growing national bank that is rapidly expanding across the globe and provides the chance to work directly with some of the most senior individuals within the firm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documentary Credit Advisory and Confirmation
- Supervision of Trade loan processing
- Supervise the review of Trade Documents upon presentation
- Ensure timely and accurate transaction processing by delivering high quality, error-free work.
- Provide feed-back/training to LC & Loans Specialists.
- Ensures trade transactions are reviewed for Money Laundering Red Flags
- Authorize work input by LC/Loan Specialists.
- Ensures compliance with bank Procedures & Policies and carry out Compliance & Regulatory requirements relating to Trade Operations not limited to BSA/AML.
- Write departmental procedures and policies and manage risks effectively.
- Protect the integrity of the Bank by ensuring that it operates in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, abides by the Bank's Code of Conduct, and promotes compliance in the manner in which business is conducted.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with counterparties and all internal stakeholders.
- Solid background knowledge of Trade Finance/Trade Services products and risk management
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges.
- Self-motivated with initiative to take on new and additional responsibilities.
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient Problem-solving skills, time management, and organizational skills and applying to cross-functional work & collaboration
- Provide training and coaching to Trade Finance Specialists, Team Lead and Supervisors as required
- Multi-tasking and ability to handle high volume of requests/projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively identify and recommend new and effective ways to improve processes and quality assurance
- Assist management by drafting and updating new desktop procedures, and job aides as needed
- College Bachelor's degree and working knowledge of UCP and eUCP (latest version), Incoterms, URR (latest version), URC 522, loan operations and Government regulations.
- Experience with banking software, like Actimize Finacle, Finastra TI, CRM Systems will be considered a plus.
- Ability to communicate well, follow procedures and policies of the Bank, work under pressure, delegate authority, ability to meet deadlines, create an environment of teamwork and an understanding to the concept of superior customer service.
- Ability to handle multitask in a busy and fast paced office environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and Power Point
Don't hesitate to apply right away if you believe you could be a good fit!