A top American investment bank in the NY area is looking to hire an experienced individual to lead the development of scenario design and scenario analytics for the firm's new Climate Risk team. This role would be reporting up to the head of Climate Risk Scenarios and Stress Testing in London, and will operate as the lead for Climate Risk Scenario Design and Stress Testing in the United States.
This individual will be responsible for taking a lead role in building out the organizations' Climate Risk infrastructure, developing and implementing scenario analysis and stress testing capabilities, developing climate scenarios, and the integration of climate science and regulations into economic modelling.
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of total experience, professional experience in Climate Risk or ESG, a strong understanding of Climate and economic variables and excellent communication skills to communicate and make recommendations to an international team lead.
The Climate Risk Scenario Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing scenario analysis and stress testing capabilities for Climate Risk
- Perform research to establish links between climate and economic variables to eventually be used for the firm's enterprise level risk and economic models
- Studying the integration of climate science and regulations into economic modelling
- Working with technical teams to oversee the development of a scenario analytics library
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the firm's Climate Risk framework
- 8+ Years total experience in Financial Services
- Knowledge of Climate Risk or ESG required
- Strong research and quantitative skills in Python
- Strong communication skills and time management
- Ability to influence decision making internally