An elite global hedge fund is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to spearhead the development and adoption of the SRE philosophy and processes.
What you'll do:
- Develop and advocate for the SRE philosophy, establishing best practices.
- Drive the adoption of SRE principles across various technology teams.
- Implement observability and monitoring solutions using Prometheus and Grafana.
- Collaborate with development teams to enhance service stability and scalability.
- Introduce a reliability-by-default approach to software delivery.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in SRE or similar roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science
- Proficiency with key SRE technologies, and experience in implementing SRE principals/best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of container orchestration and containerization.
- Hands-on experience with both cloud (AWS) and on-premises hosting platforms.
- Strong expertise in Python development.
This role must sit in the firms Chicago office working 4 days per week in person, 1 day remote.