One of the world's largest hedge funds in the alternative investment space is seeking a talented senior software developer to join their Portfolio Management and Risk Trading engineering team in New York City. Over the last 30 years, they have created an elite culture with the most talented and accomplished financial software engineers in the world. They are seeking a critical thinking engineer who can problem solve in a fast paced environment and own their project from start to finish. In this role, you will design the applications that enable hundreds of equities investment professionals to move from research to execution by submitting trades, managing their risk, and understanding their portfolios.
- Responsible for developing trading and risk systems, integrating of models, scenarios, and trades/positions into the system.
- Directly engage with business, product, and engineering leads to deliver modern, high-quality, extensible software systems
- Architect, design, and develop features to improve the overall performance of our portfolio management and risk trading systems.
- Work in a collaborative team environment that closely partners with other technology teams, product managers, and the business.
- Strong academics. BS Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of financial software engineering experience
- Full-Stack software development experience in any of the following programming languages (Java, Python or C++)
- Strong understanding of application architecture and object-orientated design patterns
- Highly motivated to work in a hands-on collaborative environment
- Commitment to excellence, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills