A top Hedge Fund in the San Francisco area is hiring a talented Risk Analyst to report directly up to the head of the business. This fund has been prioritizing growth across the front office, quants, and risk as they look to expand their Global OTC Vanilla and Structured Product practice.
The risk team that this hire will sit on is extremely front-office facing and works closely with the investment team. The hire will sit on the trade floor and be responsible for all the risk calculations, stress testing, and improving risk/return, as well as covering the risk exposures for the portfolios across all trading lines. The Head of the business is looking to groom this idividual into a leader for this growing fund, and is looking for strong candidates with at least 2-4 years of experience in a risk management function.
- Work on the trade floor with the portfolio managers to help understand their risk-taking abilities
- Developing risk analytics to be implemented across complex investment strategies for the fund
- Monitor all risk exposures across the portfolios
- Run daily OTC/FX and other risk calculations (VaR, Scenario Analysis, Stress-testing, etc.)
- Assist on the build out of their new risk system
- 2-4 years of experience in risk management at a bank or hedge fund
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in SQl, VBA, Tabelu, and/or Python
- Knowledge of fixed income derivatives
- Ability to work with the front office and traders