Our client is a top tier global asset management firm that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies. They are constantly pursuing innovative investment processes to drive superior risk-adjusted returns.
With more than 2000 employees globally and AUM of USD 26.1 Billion, they sit amongst the largest macro hedge funds.
As their Macro business continues to grow in APAC, they are looking for Quant Strategists with a focus on providing quantitative support to PMs in the region.
Reporting to the Head of Macro Quant Strategy, Quant Strategists provide quantitative support to portfolio managers in their Global Macro business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exceptional team, in a major growth phase. They are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about delivering best in class technology.
You will be responsible for providing quantitative advice & support to PMs on a daily basis. This will involve answering ad-hoc queries as well as building tools to help PMs analyse P&L, risk and trading opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced quantitative modeler or strategist with strong mathematical and abstract problem-solving ability, a good understanding of the nature of complex financial portfolio risk, and rigorous coding abilities.
Specifically, you will need:
- Graduate degree or undergraduate degree from a renowned institution in theoretical physics, pure or applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or quantitative finance
- 1-4 years of demonstrably successful professional experience as a quantitative modeler or strategist on a top tier investment bank derivatives trading desk and/or leading Global Macro hedge fund
- Direct knowledge of APAC Rates & FX markets is a requirement
- This is a hybrid role, requiring a minimum of 3 days in the one of their offices in Singapore, Hong Kong or Sydney
- Programming proficiencies in C# is a must, with at least familiarity with one other language (C++/Python/R/Matlab/F#)