A Global Energy Supply and Trading firm is seeking a Director to cover Risk Strategy on the Renewables portfolio in Houston.
This individual will sit with the trading business and assist in designing and executing trade and hedge strategies for the global energy trading activity. This is a hands-on management position, overseeing a team of 1-2 risk analysts.
The North American trading and risk teams work regularly with international teams in Europe to update risk-aware trading on global portfolios.
Coverage will include solar, wind, and hydro assets, battery storage, and day ahead power trading, in addition to several financial derivatives in the hedge portfolio.
- Perform quantitative analysis on PnL and Risk drivers
- Challenge traders and portfolio managers on risk trades/portfolio rebalancing
- Design complex derivative hedging strategies across gas, power, and renewables markets
- Defend risk-aware strategies and present to Risk Committee and Head Energy Traders
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ covering energy markets
- Physical energy trading/risk management background
- Strong familiarity with renewable energy or NA Power trading
- Degree in a Quantitative Discipline