A disruptive execution vendor in NY, is looking for a Quant Research Director to join their leadership team. This strategic hire will report to their CEO and be tasked with leading their algo research agenda, offering high-profile client consulting and managing the Quant Research team. The business has grown quickly by creating a collaborative meritocracy and minimizing internal bureaucracy. They're looking for a thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is happy to be hands-on and enjoys people management.
- Oversee and contribute to end-to-end research & implementation of execution algos.
- Develop a granular understanding of client order flow.
- Guide the modeling of short-term price prediction and market impact estimations.
- Understand the drivers of trading costs and optimizing the algorithms to mitigate the impact.
- Conduct signal research and implement changes into existing execution models.
- Offer execution consultation to the firm's highest-profile clients.
- Lead Quant Research teams, both onshore & offshore Work with the wider Sales team on important business development initiatives.
- Work closely with quant development and technology to ensure models are accurately implemented and infrastructure optimization.
- D./Master's degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of US market microstructure and various order types available
- Granular understanding of algo execution models
- Proficient knowledge of C++
- Comfortable handling and analyzing large amounts of tick data
- Excellent communication skills and a confident people manager
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate ideas
- Prior experience building high-frequency trading strategies, algorithmic trading strategies or statistical arbitrage is valued but not required
This is an immediate hire and the CEO is keen to have someone in place as soon as possible.