I am overseeing an incredibly rare and unique opportunity with one of the premier commodities firms across the globe. The individual who fills this role will be one of the first hires on a new trading desk as the firm is looking to eat up market share. Not many firms are building new trading desks right now, so this is a great opening to increase your market value. The firm is massively backing this new project financially and would provide a huge opportunity for career advancement.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for leading the risk management analysis, monitoring, and reporting for Power trading activities
- Identify exposure within trading limits through continual monitoring of emerging risks, portfolio hedging, and the implementation of controls
- Work directly with Traders to identify the sources of risk in their portfolios
- Monitor timely deal capture, internal trading limits, and risk policy requirements to ensure the representativeness and integrity of transactions in the trading system
- Support, identify, and assist in the implementation of process improvement, from system testing and implementations to desk-level process
- Specifically looking for Power experience
- Extensive understanding of risk management methodologies and valuation models.
- Solid understanding of VaR, quantifying position exposures, and Power Risk Management experience
- Strong understanding of Power pricing structure
- Excel, VBA, Python & PowerBI preferred
- Experience in monitoring and reporting weekly PnL estimates