One of the most distinguished Global Asset Management firms located in Southern California that specializes in alternative investment strategies and with an AUM around $160 billion is looking to bring on a junior Portfolio Risk Analyst to cover portfolio operations and reporting for the multi-strategy portfolio. This hire will report to the Head of the Risk Function and Senior PM, with direct exposure to the investments team from day one. This hire will be given the opportunity to use this exposure as a stepping stone further into the world of investments.
This hire will be working with Portfolio Managers on all daily operations, cash management, asset allocation, and risk reporting for the firm's multi-strategy portfolio. Developing and presenting ad hoc and standardized reports, and general overall support of the PMs will be a critical function of this role as well. Team members at the firm wear many different hats, offering unparalleled exposure to different business lines and to senior management early in their career.
The firm is ideally looking for junior candidates with prior experience and knowledge working with fixed income products, and prior financial services experience. They will need to be comfortable using SQL and Excel, as well as be able to analyze metrics and data.
- Day-to-day management of portfolio operations, cash management, asset allocation and support for the portfolio management team with both internal and external ad-hoc requests
- Design and development of ad-hoc and standardized reports to be presented to senior management and PMs
- Working alongside Portfolio Managers on their multi-strategy portfolio in a support function
- 3-6 years of experience working in a financial services company in a risk management or portfolio operations capacity
- Knowledge of general fixed income and credit instruments (High Yield Bonds, Leveraged Loans, Convertible Securities, Structured Credit etc.)
- The ability to use SQL and Excel. Python is a plus
- Experience in analyzing data and metrics