A global leading quantitative trading firm in Chicago is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join their team. As a member of this team, you'll hit the ground running with being responsible for the design of trading and enterprise networks. You'll work closely with different teams on the existing infrastructure, redesigning aspects of the infrastructure, and the build-out of new networks.
As a seasoned Network Engineer, you'll come in and have a direct impact on the network infrastructure and see your impact in real-time. Beyond collaborating with other technologists, you'll also work closely with traders and researchers on innovative solutions for the business.
What you'll do and what you'll need as a Network Engineer:
- Deploy, monitor, and configure network infrastructure
- Manage Cisco and Juniper network equipment
- Recommend and implement system improvements
- Provide technical expertise and support to high-frequency traders in a competitive market-making environment
- Track and solve issues as part of fast-paced results driven set of IT teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Networking certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc.)
- Scripting & Automation experience utilizing Python, etc.
- Experience with the following:
- Network and performance monitoring
- Troubleshooting TCP/UDP, and Multicast
- Network Capacity planning
- Low-latency networking (MUST HAVE)
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required