A leading digital payments firm is looking for an MLRO to serve as the key personnel for oversight of all AML/CFT and sanctions matters in a Singapore entity. We are keen to speak to individuals possessing strong familiarity with the regulatory landscape in Singapore pertaining to AML/CFT/sanctions within the payment industry.
- Act as key person for the oversight of all AML/CFT and sanctions matters in a Singapore entity, including implementation of effective and sustainable controls
- Handle and advise internal stakeholders on AML/CFT and sanctions related enquiries
- Carry out AML/CFT and sanctions risk assessment at the entity level and on products and services offered
- Formulate, implement and perform periodic reviews of the entity's AML/CFT and Sanctions Programme, policies and procedures
- Identify and mitigate potential areas of AML compliance vulnerability and risks/gaps
- Ensure a speedy and appropriate reaction to any matter in which money laundering, terrorism financing or sanctions breach is suspected
- Actively identify and report suspicious transactions by reviewing internal disclosures and act as the main point of contact with the Singapore regulators and law enforcement agencies
- Monitor, keep abreast and assess impact of AML/CFT and sanctions regulatory developments
- Ensure AML/CFT and Sanctions training for employees is adequate, appropriate and effective
- Provide support/guidance to senior management to ensure that AML/CFT and sanctions risks are adequately identified, understood and managed, in particular to communicate key AML/CFT and sanctions issues including significant compliance deficiencies
- Collaborate with Compliance and other risk and control departments to address AML compliance issues and engender a culture of compliance within the business.
- Possess minimally a Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of relevant AML experience and expertise within financial services or payment industry
- Familiarity with Singapore AML/CFT and sanctions laws and regulations
- Technically-inclined with an ability to engage and work with technology specialists and very comfortable navigating in a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment where structure is a work in progress
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Proficiency in Chinese language is advantageous.