A senior portfolio manager who has recently joined a large hedge fund is seeking a lead quantitative developer to join his new equities pod. The PM spent the last 12 years working at a Tier 1 investment bank, trading statistical arbitrage strategies. He is now forming a new pod and is looking to make the first hire which will be a lead quantitative developer.
- Build and own all components of the pod's research and trading infrastructure, from data to execution.
- Work with the PM to understand investment strategies.
- Lead all technological advancements and direction of the pod
- Help the team grow by assisting recruitment of new quantitative researchers and developers
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a related STEM field
- Expertise in Python and/or C++ programming
- Track record of working in a HFT/low latency environment
- Experience building trading infrastructure from scratch
- Experience building out quantitative tools for research
Compensation: $250-$350,000 base + bonus (up to $700,000 total compensation)