As one of the world's largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, our client is one of Singapore's largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
As Singapore serves as the APAC hub for some of their businesses, they employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
Job Role Summary
Our client is expanding their gas, power and LNG business, transitioning to a global trading organization, and they are looking for passionate individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive change in their business, rapidly building their trading, origination & analytical capabilities.
The current opportunity is for a Junior Quantitative Analyst to join their LNG Optimization and Trading team, based in Singapore. The successful candidate will provide quantitative analysis, derivatives expertise, structuring and asset valuation, statistical modelling and opportunity identification to support commercial and trading activities and studies.
What you will do
- Work closely with regional trading desks, originators and structurers to provide quantitative analyses to LNG portfolio valuation, optimization and hedging strategies
- Maintain and assist in the development of quantitative pricing library
- Drive trading and project value-add in all interactions across the role's wide portfolio in trading, commercial and business development
- Remain knowledgeable about leading-edge developments, analytical techniques, technologies and tools in quantitative analytics
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of a Masters' degree in quantitative disciplines
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills in a fast-pace environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers, and with local and global teams
- Experience and knowledge of financial derivatives and commodity market is a plus
- Familiarity programming in Python, C++ or similar languages