A leading investment management firm is seeking a highly-technical Investment Risk Manager to join the firm's growing Investment Risk team. An extremely important group within the organization, the Investment Risk teams works to monitor portfolio risk across various funds. In addition to performing quantitative research regarding risk factors and other trends, this team works extensively with investment teams and more specifically PM's to ensure the risk/return profile is in line with client and firm expectations. As the Investment Risk Lead, you will be responsible for owning the risk measurement program across the firm and it's various portfolios.
Investment Risk Manager Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for the development and implementation efforts of the firm's risk reporting infrastructure to support the overall investment risk management framework
- Assume ownership for the Market and Liquidity Risk programs across the firms investment portfolios
- Monitor relevant portfolio in order to decompose and explain portfolio risk on a granular level.
- Perform risk analysis on select portfolios ensuring alignment with firm and client risk appetite.
- Take ownership of the development of factor exposure risk analytics spanning the firm's investment portfolios
- Design and development models to support portfolio analysis and manage risk.
- Act as an advisory figure for business lines and PM's helping to support overall portfolio optimization efforts
- Partner with key stakeholder and develop key relationships with working groups such as technology and other risk professionals
Investment Risk Manager Requirements:
- Bachelors in Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
- 7-10 years of relevant experience within a global financial services organization
- Strong knowledge of market and liquidity risk
- Prior Investment risk management experience, ideally within a global asset management firm
- Strong project management experience