A Top-Tier Global Proprietary Trading firm is seeking to hire its first ever Head of US Power Trading Risk to cover the US Power Trading Desk.
This hire will be tasked with building, scaling, and owning the risk function for the power trading desk from day one thus making them accountable for building frameworks, reporting infrastructure, risk tools, risk analytics, and conducting research projects to identify the market drivers for power trading performance and risk management.
The firm is ideally targeting candidates with prior experience in a risk management position, with targeted experience covering larger FTR portfolios, especially in building FTR risk frameworks. This individual must have a strong quantitative background with experience using SQGL, VBA, or Python.
- Build, Scale, and eventually own the risk function for power trading
- Build frameworks, reporting infrastructure, risk tools, risk analytics, and conduct research projects to identify the drivers for power trading performance and risk management
- Work closely with Traders and Portfolio Managers to provide risk related strategies relevant to the Power Trading desk
- Establish risk limits and assess risk exposure
- Cover the Power Trading desk to monitor their specific risks and trading activity
- Prior experience in commodity risk management
- Strong working knowledge of power trading activities and risks
- Prior experience with building risk frameworks, analytics, and tools
- Strong knowledge of the function of SQL, VBA, or Python
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong quantitative skill-set