We are currently working with a international Trading House, who is seeking a General Manager, Shipping Operations (Dry Bulk) to join their team in the Hong Kong office.
Role: General Manager, Shipping Operations (Dry Bulk)
Location: Hong Kong, Asia
The candidate will be responsible for the post fixture operations of all vessels and will be required to lead a team of vessel operators to ensure strict compliance of standard operation procedures (SOP) for all fixtures. A strong understanding of commercial operational issues and corresponding legal and commercial implications will be required.
- Lead a team of vessel operators for smooth operations of all voyage and time - chartered vessels.
- Ensuring that vessels are performing as per Charter Parties and the sales & purchase contract and their relevant shipping terms
- Training and ensuring all operators are accurate in entering shipping entries and data in "SOFTMAR" and "ORACLE" shipping systems
- To verify that operators are coordinating with relevant parties (i.e. owners, shippers etc) on all receivables and payables
- Responsible for collection coordination
- To resolve all commercial and legal issues
- Ensure closing of each completed shipment with all counter parties
- Conduct monthly routine audits of the OPS department and to identify and correct noncompliance
- At least 10 years of experience in shipping operations (dry bulk)
- Experience in handling handy to supramax / ultramax sized vessels are preferred
- Strong experience in both voyage and time charters of dry bulk carriers
- Excellent knowledge of relevant documentation
- Strong knowledge of Voyage Charter Party Laytime Interpretation Rules 1993
- TC Voyage Calculations, SOA preparations and checking, FHS and Laytime Calculations.
- Fluent in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and excellent team player
- Knowledge of using Office 365