This role includes support for the execution of trades, extensive involvement in the pre and post trade processes, including trade booking, monitoring position and P&L check, interacting with external entities and internally with other teams. You will also be heavily involved in project work, helping to formulate ideas, development of new trading strategies, development of pricing models and the continual growth of the business.
- Ensure that all trades executed are entered accurately & completely into systems
- Perform core controls to ensure risk is correctly represented for Front Office
- Work with senior traders and liaising closely with sales team and inter-dealer broker
- Assist the traders in all functions of their role, especially on the distillates book
- Assist with trade executions, futures and OTC products
- Determining market sentiment via research, valuation and data analysis
- Understand P&L and positions
- Develop and understand market making strategies and assist in identifying trade opportunities
- To learn how to make prices on multiple derivative products across the barrel
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate with relevant degree or courses of study in mathematics, statistics, engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge in Excel and VBA
- Knowledge of programming languages such as python or other statistical programming will be a plus
- Excellent numeracy, analytics, combined with strong communication skills
Candidates applying for the roles should be meticulous, hardworking, and initiative driven.