A top multinational investment bank is adding senior headcount in model validation. My client is a top investment bank headquartered in NYC, providing clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, asset management, and more. The firm offers a wide range of investment banking sector expertise across energy, industrials, real estate, tech, public finance, and health care. The firm is looking for a director level risk model validation professional to report up to the Global Head of Model risk for the firm. They are considering strong candidates with experience covering risk model validation for equities.
This position will sit on the model validation team which is a hands-on group, and you will report directly to the global head of the group. This hire will be responsible for:
Manage all risk that arises from models used in the firm - specifically cover equities.
- Help train and oversee the work of consultants that work with the validation team.
- Be hands on in model validation and serve as an SME in Equities
- Independently lead approval and validation of models - raising and managing model validation findings
- Asses/Quantify model risk arising from model limitations to inform stakeholders of risk profile.
- Effectively communicate results of model validations to the key stakeholders and management
The ideal candidate will have:
- Masters or PhD in quantitative field
- 7+ year model validation experience
- Strong equity derivative pricing skills
- Python proficiency
- Strong communication skills