I am working with an elite prop trading firm specializing in high frequency trading looking for a Linux Engineer. This firm is on the smaller end, they definitely could be bigger, but they are so good at what they do that they don't need to be.
They are looking for skilled engineers that will have direct influence over design and implementation of their Linux trading system. If you want to be a part of a collaborative team, have a big sense of ownership, and most importantly-- an opportunity for growth, this is the role for you!
Python is a must (automation level) and the role is in Chicago or Austin.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive efforts to continuously improve and maintain our low latency Linux based trading environments
- Develop solutions to automate and improve operational reliability and efficiency
- Serve as a technical operating system expert, driving change to adopt new standards, maintain reliability and improve performance metrics
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to improve existing hardware strategy including standards, life-cycle periods, vendor management and capacity planning
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Linux system administration including kernel management, file systems, and networking
- Architectural design knowledge of storage and backup technologies
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization solutions
- Experience with configuration management systems, such as Salt, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Regular work exposure to Python and Git version control
- Previous cloud experience
- Exposure to Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
- Functional knowledge of SQL and working with databases is desirable