I am working with a fast-growing insurance, reinsurance and investment management firm with offices in Manhattan and CT. They have a strong book of business as they manage $140 billion in assets under management and they're growing significantly right now after a recent investment from a top global investment firm.
Now they're looking to expand their Risk Division as the firm grows, right now, the firm is looking to hire a Deputy CRO. Considering the growth of the three main business lines, they want to build out a strong layer of leadership in Risk as they take the business forward.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assumes overall responsibility for the general Account Credit Risk Exposures
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and communicating risk-related policies and procedures across the TFGI for enterprise credit risk, and both the Cayman and Bermuda enterprise.
- Drive the implementation of quantitative / analytic and qualitative models to help monitor and manage risk of new and existing portfolios.
- Responsible for monitoring and / or analyzing risk exposures on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
- Coordinate with business lines to develop and implement risk mitigation and hedging strategies.
- The team is looking for someone who has 10+ years of experience CRO or equivalent experience gained within the Life, Reinsurance, and related industries.
- Strong communication skills
- Can work collaboratively across the team and explain emerging issues to key stakeholders including management, ratings agencies, and regulators
- Expertise in asset risk including market, interest rate, and credit risk management and monitoring and asset/liability matching and liquidity