The Senior Data Scientist is a member of the Big Data team department. The Senior Data Scientist will take on specific tasks and drive a whole project from inception to completion on the operations side. In addition, the Senior Data Scientist will be used to consistent communication with stakeholders with various Business and IT partners within the organization to plan and achieve project initiatives. The Senior Data Scientist role is committed to managing projects according to accelerated timelines and ensuring all analysts under its stewardship have the resources needed to complete tasks on time.
- Identify proper data sources necessary for projects and ensure they are accurately imported and joined.
- Identify proper analytic methodology and ensure analytical efforts are executed correctly.
- Ensure all projects have proper documentation taking into account potential regulatory, legal, or business concerns
- Lead communication of project results/challenges to business partners in ways they can understand. Proactive communication of delays to planned efforts.
- Ensure project tasks are thoroughly planned to include understanding how implementation affects other units, measuring results, and achieving the expected benefit. (etc.)
- Identify and propose new technologies and tools that could benefit the Big Data team.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science) with a master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a traditional Data or Analytics corporate environment
- Must have strong SQL skills (Must be able to write SQL code)
- R, Python experience (expertise in at least 1)
- Familiarity w/ Tableau reporting
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Distributed Systems, and Big Data ecosystem
- Able to rapidly learn new processes/subjects
- Innovative mindset with demonstrated creativity or innovation in some past work experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, whether in a formal or informal role
- Ability to understand the big picture and drive the initiatives the lead to completion of the overall big picture
- Ability to work in cross-functional/departmental groups and keep multiple moving pieces straight
- Mentored and assist analysts in their respective functions and responsibilities.