The role will require:
- Strong credit and management skills. The candidate will be able to lead in-depth due diligence processes and coordinate and produce concise and insightful credit memos with clear recommendations, which will be the basis on which credit decisions are made.
- Excellent financial modeling skills.
- Familiarity with, and an understanding of, loan documentation, including LMA standard and leveraged finance documents and key ISDA/CSA documentation. A basic understanding of US-style leveraged loan documentation would be an advantage.
- Close working relationships at senior levels with a variety of areas within the Corporate & Investment Bank and CCBSI, including Coverage/GCB/CB, product specialists (DCM, ALF, Trade, TSS), Markets (Derivative Sales), Capital Markets and M&A.
- Regular liaison with Primary Credit Officers and Senior Credit Executives in EMEA as well N.A.
- Prime responsibility for the proactive management of exposure to a portfolio of names and industry sectors.
- Understanding of Banking Risk policies and related interactions with various stakeholders (including Regulators and Auditors).
- Coaching and development of junior team members to bring them up the curve, both on the job and through training.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must demonstrate first-rate analytical and credit skills/judgment, with an intensive ' hands-on' approach to digging into the details of credit and structure.
- First-rate project management skills and demonstrable end-to-end ownership of work/projects.
- Be able to establish credibility and trust with clients, Coverage/GCB/CB, product specialists, and credit executives, and to partner with them effectively.
- Proven coaching and development ability.
- Previous experience of reviewing and commenting on loan documentation/core corporate derivative documentation.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of any main European language (such as German / Italian / French / Spanish, in addition to English) would be an advantage.