A leading digital payments firm is looking to hire a regulatory compliance professional with substantial global payments related experience. The person will work closely with business, operations, other legal/compliance professionals and various functional key-stakeholders, as well as externally with regulatory bodies or business partners and associates. They will be instrumental in supporting the achievement of business targets and objectives, and complying with regulatory obligations and expectations.
- Participate as a core member of the global payments business, including management of the regulatory compliance workstreams.
- Lead the regulatory engagement and act as POC with various regulatory and enforcement authorities and agencies.
- Keep up-to-date of relevant regulatory developments relating to payments and/or remittance and advise management on potential road blocks or implications.
- Lead and support applications for, and continuing maintenance of, payment institutions, payment systems, e-money licenses and other similar Fintech-related business licenses or permits as needed.
- Establish and manage an effective compliance program and system of controls;
- Work closely with other internal functions and teams to ensure overall compliance to all applicable regulatory and licensing requirements.
- Liaise with key-stakeholders to support and fulfill any regulatory or external audit or assessment requirements.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, business or finance or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with regulatory compliance or working experience in e-commerce, payments or financial services industry is preferred.
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills especially in payments/remittance.
- Knowledge of FINTECH, payment systems, money transmitter licensing and stored value licensing and similar legal and regulatory requirements is advantageous.
- Highly motivated self-starter, eager learner and good team player with excellent project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a fast paced work environment.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Substantial business travels to be expected when travel permits.