Commodity QR - $10BN AUM Hedge Fund - NYC/TX/Remote
A top global hedge fund is looking to bring on a strong Commodity QR to their team. This group will support a brand-new PM on the platform that is looking to rapidly grow their team and scale their strategies.
Sitting directly alongside the Portfolio Manager, this individual will work on the data analytics, modeling and research across commodities products (oil, power & gas, metals and agriculture). Providing a phenomenal opportunity for you to leverage a strong modeling and mathematical background into an exciting buyside role!
Job responsibilities include:
- Data analytics, research and engineering for datasets related to commodities products
- Pricing library model maintenance, development, and implementation in collaboration with the PM and traders
- Development and maintenance of trading tools for the trading desk
- Develop and extend the proprietary research and trading platform for the team
- Work collaboratively with senior QR's on the development of alpha strategies
Job requirements include:
- MS/PhD in a quantitative subject, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, etc.
- Python or C++ programming skills
- 2+ years of working in a data-centric or quantitative research role with focus on agriculture commodities
- Power, Oil & Gas, Metals or Agriculture modeling and research experience
- Background experience in machine or statistical learning a plus