As VP Opertqaional Risk Manager you will work within the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function. In this role, you will Establish an appropriate ERM framework including risk policies, metrics, reporting, and monitoring.
- Setting up the framework and processes necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational, business and strategic risk.
- Developing Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework.
- Ensuring the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable risk management regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Establishing the Enterprise Risk Management architecture for the company. Overseeing and monitoring all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Monitoring and analyzing risks within the company's business units and reports on these risks to the CRO and the fund's management team.
- Secretariat and or providing key inputs into the company's enterprise risk committee that oversees the enterprise risk management process and ensures alignment with organizational objectives.
- Monitoring the change risk and assessing the Business Continuity Planning activities for the organization.
The ideal candidate has between 7 and 10 years of experience in enterprise risk management and/or operational risk management role in microfinance or a financial institution.
The ideal candidate possesses some or all the following professional or personal competencies:
- Strong presence and can interact with senior management.
- Can effectively analyze a significant amount of data information and filter it to key points helping management to analyze risks.
- Capability to summarize and interpret risk reports from different Departments.
- Proven experience in operational risk management, risk identification and assessment.
- Ability to write/revise risk policies and guidelines and review/maintain Risk Register.
- Skilled in analysis and review of reports and making presentations to Senior Management.
- Possesses refined communication skills and advanced speaking capabilities.
- Experience in the trading environment and (FX), fixed income, and interest rates derivative products is a plus.
- Result-oriented, international outlook and mindset, pro-active and accountable personality who sets and meets objectives and is able to work under pressure.