A rapidly growing commercial bank in the Dallas area is looking to expand their enterprise analytics function with top tier model developers. The bank had performed very well during the recent economic volatility and is continuing to expand its CRE portfolio. This is a very exciting opportunity for candidate looking to leave the large, oft bureaucratic investment banking environment and take on more oversight and responsibility. As the bank transitions to a more technology driven platform, the opportunity for career growth is unparalleled. Candidates will also have strong exposure to model development initiatives across the entire enterprise in addition to exposure to senior leadership. This position will be working closely with the CFO, CMO and CRO on a daily basis while helping manage a small team of quants.
- Oversee all of the model development projects across all business lines (Liquidity, loss forecasting, marketing, CECL, etc.)
- Effectively communicate the results of the model to senior leadership, stakeholders and external regulators.
- Re-engineer the existing models to assure optimal performance and more accurate predictions.
- Manage and train a team of junior quantitative analyst and serve as a SME for the entire business line.
- Ensure data quality and accuracy are compliant with all federal regulations.
- Master's degree in any STEM related field is the minimum requirement.
- 8+ years of experience in quantitative modeling using tools R, SAS< SQL and Python.
- Advanced knowledge of time series analysis, non-linear regression, machine learning or other advanced modeling approaches.
- Prior experience at a commercial bank is an added bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is an absolute must.