A top tier American Investment Bank is currently building out their Operational Risk and Control team based in New York. The bank is looking to hire a VP of Data Governance to help lead data control/governance efforts for the banks institutional clients in the Equity Sales and Trading Division. This individual will be responsible for helping to define the data governance and strategic framework for the Equity division on a global level. This includes overall governance, internal data solutions, data leakage, cyber security, and client strategy.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience in Data Governance or Controls, strong familiarity with information security, and the ability to work closely with senior management. This person will play a key role in a number of key initiatives as the bank looks to improve their firm-wide data governance efforts.
- Set up data controls & data control frameworks
- Drive control implementation for data leakage within sales and trading
- Handle client security controls for Equity Division
- Ensure compliance with rules / regulations and adherence to internal standards, controls, and policies
- Work with Tech and OR to create a data controls framework
- Work closely and in collaboration with senior management and desk heads
- 5 plus years experience in Risk Management, Information Security, Entitlements, or Trading Support
- Sales and Trading experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak with Senior Management, and Project Management skills
- Ability to identify and escalate issues effectively
- Ability to discuss in-depth technology initiatives