We have a current opportunity for a VP Actuary, Head of Pricing!
This company is looking for team players that are entreprenuers, energized, and motivated, have the ability to cultivate business relationships, and are prepared to grow with the unit in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform evaluations of commercial and/or personal rates within designated programs.
- Develop rate proposals along with associated exhibits.
- Create analyses for classification levels and segmentation. Conduct quarterly reviews for reserves and profitability.
- Engage in communication with regulatory authorities and management.
- Aid in the upkeep and servicing of financial models.
- Offer assistance to Operating Unit leaders and their teams.
- Stay updated on the latest industry and actuarial advancements.
- Monitor trends in frequency/severity within the industry and investigate significant variances between external and internal trends.
Education and/or Experience
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field; a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Suggest and/or spearhead changes to enhance business profitability, monitor business processes to discern strengths and weaknesses, and formulate independent analyses for solving business-related issues.
- Possesses ACAS or FCAS credentials, advanced proficiency in databases, data extraction, and insurance terminology.
- Detail-oriented team player adaptable to dynamic daily needs and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates robust analytical and financial modeling skills, coupled with expertise in financial reporting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for conveying technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Advanced Excel, Visual Basic, Access, SQL, and Word skills.
For further information about this position please apply!