This role is with a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Our talent drives our success, resulting in our Restructuring & Turnaround practice becoming one of the largest and most recognized in the industry. The engagements that this firm works on has won them numerous awards and honors.
- You will be working closely with companies across a variety of industries to help under-performing businesses navigate their restructuring process and create a lasting positive impact on the organization.
- Advising on every aspect of the restructuring process - from the strategy, to cash conservation/liquidity management, to business plan development and implementation
- Leveraging your resourcefulness and independent judgement, you will help develop solutions to critical problems to improve an organization's overall performance and enterprise value by developing and executing restructuring and turnaround plans
- You will be applying your analytical skills and deep understanding of accounting and finance to a diverse range of projects in turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy and performance improvement.
- Building and managing 13-week cash flow forecast.
- Building a liquidation analysis to address feasibility of Plan of Reorganization.
- Working with client to create a long-term business plan in order to track and manage business performance, manage working capital, and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Implementing cash conservation strategy and controls.
- Developing pre-bankruptcy plans and assisting with bankruptcy case administration, which includes supporting the handling of creditor constituents and preparing bankruptcy documents.
- Supporting marketing initiatives by assisting with the pitch preparation process.
- Leading a work stream within a project and coaching and mentoring junior resources.
- Working as a partner to our clients by building consultative relationships, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the client's processes, financial positions and key operational performance drivers in order to surface and address key issues, from the big picture to the smallest details. Relying on your ability to communicate and problem solve, you will present your analyses and insights to a variety of audiences.
- At least 3+ years of work experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus, 2+ years of which is direct restructuring experience.
- BA/BS degree and/or MBA/MS in Accounting, Finance, or other related analytical fields.
- Advanced Microsoft, PowerPoint, and Word skills a must
- Professional certifications such as Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or demonstrated progress toward such certifications preferred
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings
- Advanced level of experience in financial modeling with ability to build 13-week cash flow forecast and 3-statement financial models with limited oversight
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of client personnel
- Team player who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- Willingness to travel.