- To carry out post trade contract activities and day-to-day execution of either container and/or bulk physical contracts concluded by the regional and local trading team. This involves planning shipments to payment collection.
- For bulk shipments, ensure all information liare in place before loading.
- Issuing documentary instructions to shipper for timely preparation of shipping documents and follow up on draft documents for checking.
- Ensure all drafts are checked and confirmed by buyer and passing on to shipper. Follow up on scanned signed documents and original documents.
- Ensuring payments from buyers are made in time before shipments arrives at destination.
- For container shipments - Managing the payment of suppliers, freight invoices and any other costs.
- Arrange local or overseas courier to send out original documents.
- Join weekly execution calls with Singapore and/or Regional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English
- Experience in international import/export trade and shipping logistics is essential. Either one of container shipments or bulk shipments experience would be useful.
- Established in negotiating documents basis CAD, Bank Documentary Collection, and Documentary Letters of Credit.
- Experience in Letter of Credits negotiation and UCP, ISBP rules would be helpful.
- Fast learner and be able to work under pressure
- Ability to act with integrity when dealing with confidential matters
- Team player with strong work ethics and excellent communication & organisational skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint