Governance & Oversight
- Develop strong working relationship with the business within scope to be a valued and respected partner
- Together with the Business coverage lead establish an appropriate engagement process with the Business to enable meaningful challenge and oversight and participate in risk management focused forums
- Assist Business Coverage lead / present relevant material as necessary at senior level governance forums such as Business Risk Reviews and Business Risk Compliance and Control Committees as well as for meetings with important stakeholders like the Regulators, 3rd Line of Defense and senior management.
- Ensure business adherence to operational risk policies
- Execute responsibilities articulated in the ORM Policy for independent operational risk managers including deep dives in to any significant current or emerging risk areas
- Ensure adherence to Consumer Op Risk procedures for independent Business coverage risk managers and for the Business. Assist in the continuous improvement of these procedures to strengthen 2nd line of defense oversight.
- Understand the linkages, and ensure Business is linking all tools in place for managing the operational risk management cycle and evidencing the feedback loop across MCA, KOR and KRCI process, Scenario Analysis and Loss Analysis results on a continuous basis.
- Escalate operational risk events within the Business and within ORM as appropriate with relevant context and risk assessment