The Senior Actuarial Analyst will take a primary role in developing rate proposals and performing loss reserves analyses of personal auto and homeowner's insurance.
- Perform data gathering, calculations and analyses required to support development of rates and rating plans, reviews of reserves, insurance department data calls and other actuarial projects.
- Submit requests to prepare insurance related data files.
- Import data from extracts or the Actuarial Data Warehouse into computer applications to generate reports. Analyze data using software applications.
- Review results and make preliminary decisions.
- Present results and recommendations to management using rules and within philosophy defined by management.
- Position will also work on special predictive modeling projects as needed.
- Complete examinations required to obtain fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Must hold at least a bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science or related discipline.
- A minimum of four actuarial exams.
- Candidates must have at least three years of experience in pricing and/or reserving. Predictive modeling experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access are required.
- Knowledge of SQL, SAS or R are desirable.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as the ability to work cooperatively with other departments are strongly desired.