Selby Jennings have partnered with a multi strategy alternative asset managers based in NYC. The specialize in structured products and mortgages as well as fixed income. They have a systematic approach that identifies market inefficiencies through a combination innovative models and tactical market-based tools driven by common sense investment views.
Their structured product team has had excellent performance this year so they are looking to expand. They are seeking a talented software engineer to work on the full lifecycle of systems development. Due to the teams lean headcount you will ability to wear many hats and they are eager to hire people who find that exciting and enticing.
- A minimum of 2 year's experience developing software in the finance industry or proven work experience in a similar role
- 2+ years hands-on object-oriented development (strong preference for Java)
- Good intuition for quantitative analysis, supported by practical experience and/or educational background
- Understanding of software development concepts such as source code control, unit/integration testing, continuous integration, etc.
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or other related discipline
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with Java 8 and Spring Framework
- Experience working directly with traders
- diverse knowledge of financial products