Our client based in Amsterdam is a global leading High-Frequency Proprietary Trading Firm that holds technology at forefront of what they do. They are renowned for creating their own trading platform utilising clean code and high end cutting edge technology that is in sync with their high performing low latency trading systems and applications.
- The SRE will be expected to drive the SRE culture of the trading production to ensure higher reliability is delivered. Their main responsibilities will be focused on monitoring, troubleshooting, and creating applications to improve the systems.
- The majority of the platforms software engineering code is written using Python which is used for their monitoring, deployment, and to automate trading applications.
- In this position the SRE team will be given the freedom to create and implement new solutions. From proprietary built applications, SDLC, and the core infrastructure of data centres the SRE's will have full autonomy of these functions to decide where further components should be added.
- The stand out candidate will have an engineering mentality and a brilliant understanding of design and implementation.
- As an SRE at this firm you will have the opportunity to work on many different projects using different tools and collaborate with all the other teams from trading, software, infrastructure, data science, and many more Collaborate directly with the end users.
- If you are a hands on engineer with a collaborative mindset that would like to design and implement new solutions in a trading environment, this role is for you.
- Experience as an SRE or System Engineer
- Previous experience rolling out complex projects through monitoring and improving large scale and high quality systems.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer science, or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX OS
- Scripting with Python
- General knowledge on systems and networking (TCP/UDP)
- Design, debugging and problem solving
- Deploying and maintaining applications
- Unique collaborative environment with the opportunity to work with different departments such as Trading, Quant Development and Software Engineering.
- Continuous progression from the first day you start
- Very competitive compensation package with an annual bonus from their share scheme
- First class commuting expenses are fully covered
- Pension and health insurance
- Onsite kitchen with free Breakfast, Lunch and coffee
- Relocation support provided