A growing renewables firm in Houston is searching for a settlements and risk analyst. The firm is focused on the development, acquisition and operation of renewables and energy storage. With 2.6 GW of renewable power generation and storage capacity (and growing), the company is set on propelling the energy industry's transition towards a clean energy economy and a more sustainable future. The company is geared on decarbonizing electricity supply by means of solar, wind, battery storage, and pumped storage hydro, actively investing in distributed energy resources and other clean energy platforms.
The position rolls up to the Treasury Manager and you would be responsible for performing counterparty risk assessments, monitoring credit exposures, and risk reporting to support hedging for the firms expanding fleet of assets.
- Lead support for energy management and treasury by performing counterparty risk due diligence during ISDA negotiation
- Model credit exposures under trading agreements and interface with counterparties TROs/ISOs for margin calls and collateral postings
- Validate trades by matching internal trade tracker with counterparties and trading agreements to ensure proper capture
- Work with energy management and accounting to validate commodity revenue
The right candidate will be qualified with:
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- 1 year experience in energy industry with a preferred focus on energy hedge transactions
- Knowledge of credit analysis and management in energy industry
- Able to model and analyze hedges and perform market-to-market calculations
- Leverage financial statements to perform counterparty credit analysis