Senior VMware Engineer - Global Financial Firm
A highly reputable financial firm is seeking several VMware Engineers to join their team in Chicago or New York. My client has made a big decision to pivot from working within a Windows infrastructure and put a significant amount of resources into a greenfield project of building out an innovative large-scale Linux computing environment with a VMware component. As a member of this team, you will play a significant role in creating the blueprint of this environment.
Collaborating alongside well-known leaders in the tech and financial industry, you will have the opportunity to own a portion of the computing platform. My client is seeking talented and out-of-box engineers that love to work in fast-paced environments where your impact is seen through the results and valued globally. They are providing competitive compensations for the right engineers to join their team and offer relocation packages to anyone in the US.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- At bachelor's degree and/or a master's degree from a top 50 globally recognized Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field program
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with large-scale Linux compute systems including experience with architecture, deployment, operation, and implementation.
- Proficient with Python for developing automated tools and automating tasks. Also open to seeing candidates who have professional experience with Go, Rust, or Java.
- Professional experience with VMware and VMware products (VCenter, ESXi, VSphere)
- Ideally, you will have previous experience working in the financial industry or low latency environments in addition to experience from FAANG or tech start-up firms.