Our client is an imperative investor of the finance industry and are renowned globally as one of the leading market makers in the world of finance. They have an international presence across 11 offices internationally and have an investment capital of more than £60 billion.
They relentlessly strive to maintain their position as number one by being competitive and having a forward thinking innovative approach. Their Technology team is a reflection of this as they are an integral section of the firm. Historically they have continuously invested a large portion of their capital into their technology to ensure all of their departments are delivering results of the highest quality with the latest cutting edge methodologies with strategies of the highest calibre to match this.
Currently there is a need for a Senior SRE to join their team based in London, as they need to provide a bridge between the software and operations team. The ideal candidate would need to implement best practices of SRE and lead the way in problem solving current and future performance issues as well as application support.
Day to day the role will require you to collaborate and lead software engineers, developers, and trade support engineers globally (New York, Hong Kong, and Chicago). You will be tasked time to time to work by yourself to create from scratch large scale distributed systems of the highest quality and be expected to also create the right tools to maintain and consistently improve the existing platform. This will allow you to have full autonomy on a larger scale to implement your own ideas and allow you to be responsible for business critical decisions.
You will also be rubbing shoulders with the top tier of the 1% of talent in the world as the engineers that are currently part of their engineering team either have an astonishing career trajectory, outstanding academical background, or are seen as future prospects. Majority of the team have backgrounds in either data structure, algorithms, distributed systems or large scale systems.
Ultimately if you are someone that is creative and has an automation mindset with knowledge in measurements and statistics and isn't scared to work by yourself at times then this position is for you.
- Guarantee that the platforms and applications are consistently available at a high level
- Lead the task for automation to problem solve repetitive task for system issues
- Investigate and deploy engineering solutions high profile incidents
- Lead and influence the SRE principles to other teams
- Be a team player and provide support and ensure applications are production ready
- Background in either: Computer science, data structures, algorithms, OR distributed systems
- Proficient in either Programming languages - Java, C++, Python, Or Golang
- Comfortable with a variety of tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc)
- A basic working understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN and WAN as well as Linux networking
- SQL and database experience a strong plus.
- Experience with building and managing highly reliable large scale systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology and inventing new approaches to hard problems
- Working with world class talented engineers who are the top 1% in the world
- Great compensation - Highest earning potential on the market for base and yearly bonus.
- Gym membership is covered
- Family health insurance
- Expenses for food is covered
- Start-up atmosphere - Build it and drive it methodology