Selby Jennings is working with a world class proprietary trading firm in the Washington DC Metro area. You'll be working across their Technology and Trading teams to support day-to-day energy trading operations by designing, implementing, and enhancing multiple software systems.
- Building out data pipelines, creating trading tools/applications.
- Building/vetting analytical processes and algorithms to support trading operations and optimization, working directly with the traders and researchers.
- Improve scalability, performance, of our trading infrastructure
- Understand the future needs of the business and design technical solutions to meet those demands
- Ability to handle a wide variety of projects, from frontend facing projects to backend infrastructure
- 2-10 years of experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or experience
- Experience building and designing distributed and scalable software in languages such as Java and Python
- Experience working on frontend projects in TypeScript and React
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in object-oriented development, data stores including SQL, and algorithms