I am working with a top asset manager that opened a new long short event driven equity hedge fund where this position will sit as a Senior Risk Analyst. This is a business that they launched a few years ago with 700M seed capital in which they have exploded in growth now sitting at 5B.
They originally brought the PMs from the parent company, but the hiring manager has been their first external hire as their Head of Equity Risk and now she is tasked with building out the risk and quant frameworks, portfolios, and fund levels.
- Drive engagement with the investment teams to provide insight into portfolio construction process, and drive the development of analytics and tools to enhance understanding of risk exposures and analyze the drivers of performance
- Provide quantitative risk, performance and analytical support for the investment teams.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing risk management, investment behavior and portfolio construction, with the goal of helping the firm deliver superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on current risks across all investment strategies and portfolios.
- Continually develop the class risk management system
- Multi Asset/ Equities experience needed.
- Hedge fund background or Asset management
- Good technical skills - SQL python
- 7-10 years