Senior Desktop/Support Engineer | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston, MA
One of Boston's most prestigious Hedge Funds has a rare opportunity for an experienced Desktop/Support Engineer to join their lean Help Desk team. This individual will operate in a dynamic role on a small team to directly support VIP users and help automate and optimize end-user facing systems.
You will interface directly with the C-Suite and top stakeholders to deliver white glove support to this firm's highest priority users, solving a wide range of technical issues. Long term, you will also have the opportunity to identify, evaluate, and implement new technologies to help this firm modernize their desktop engineering environment, leverage more scripting/automation, and migrate to the cloud.
- Provide white-glove support to VIP users, traders, portfolio managers, and executives
- Identify trends, perform root cause analysis, and manage desktop, telephony, and A/V systems
- Collaborate with other technology teams to evolve critical help desk systems
- BS or equivalent degree
- 6+ years of help desk experience, primarily in a Microsoft environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint and Windows 10
- Hands-on experience with mobile device management (iOS)
- Hands-on experience supporting desktops, laptops, desktop software, telephony and AV equipment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a good measure of ingenuity
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
Take advantage of:
- Industry leading compensation and benefits
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration across all levels of the business