Summary: Summary: A Global leader in the international Energy markets is looking for an experienced and driven Credit Analyst to join the team in leadership position, tasked with supporting and enhancing the Risk Management department. You will be expected to work effectively alongside other quants across market risk, finance and the front office teams. You will be responsible for managing credit risk and leading a team of 8 helping develop the in house quantitative/reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain the credit risk exposure models
- Conduct an in-depth Quantitative Analysis to assess the credit risk of the energy portfolios.
- Analyse Credit Exposure scenarios for the businesses current and future transactions, with the ability to calculate its credit price.
- Produce independent credit reports alongside recommendations for senior management, traders and the credit team.
- Ability to enhance and optimise the Internal ETRM system and developing the quantitative and reporting tools used by the Credit department, Market Risk, Finance and Front Office teams.
- Support the Credit and Commercial functions in the assessment and review of the credit risk across specific transactions (both current and new).
- Experience calculating PFE, EPE and ENE using the internal infrastructure - Excel and VBA.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly credit risk and exposure reports for the executive board, finance teams and management.
- Provide your recommendations on credit risk mitigation, keeping in mind the immediate and long-term commercial activities and development of the business.
- Ensure all counterparts are in compliance with the internal credit policies and set credit limits.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines.
- 4 year's experience sitting in a Similar position within a commodity trading house.
- Strong communication skills - dealing with counterparts, senior management, internal/external regulators.
- Experience working with Energy Documentation (EFET's and ISDA) and setting credit limits for use by the traders.
- Strong financial analysis of Gas & Power derivatives.
- Ability in manging credit risk exposure modelling and credit pricing (CVA).
- Strong understanding of both physical and financial energy commodities including Gas, Power and Oil - 3 years + experience.
- Fluent in English, Italian and Spanish