A leading international commercial bank, with presense in a number of countries worldwide, are currently seeking for a Compliance and AML Officer to join their Frankfurt branch.
- Acting as the Compliance Manager independently and reporting directly to Senior Management on all compliance/AML issues within the Branch.
- Report any key compliance-related notices or regulatory changes, as well as any frauds, regulatory enforcement actions, regulatory violations, or other significant incidents, to Senior Management and the Head Office as soon as possible.
- Based on German AML Act (GwG), the Compliance Manager act as the AML Officer of the Branch, and she/he is central contact person for the law enforcement authorities, the Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (Bundesamt für Wirtschaft und Ausfuhrkontrolle), the German Financial Intelligence Unit and BaFin.
- Conduct a compliance and AML/CTF risk assessment to document, identify, categorize, and evaluate the Branch's risks.
- Develop a compliance strategy to address and mitigate the identified risks and control gaps.
- Maintain the role of the Chair of Compliance meetings.
- Examine and verify the Branch's Policies and Procedures to ensure that all corporate documents are kept up to date and in compliance with regulatory and Head Office requirements.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent in the related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in compliance, legal in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination
- Good knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements for compliance with banking regulations including European and German AML/CFT regulations
- A good understanding of the regulators' processes and procedures
- Strong ability to create and manage a compliance program;
- Team player with excellent communication abilities
If you are interested, please share your CV to: