A reputable, tech-driven Hedge Fund located in New York City is looking to bring on a risk analyst to optimize the risk-aware portfolio construction process. This is a front-office facing role where the incumbent will wear many hats in a highly visible and meaningful work environment. This position will sit on the trading floor with the portfolio management team, and the analyst will gain exposure to equities, fixed income, and multi-asset portfolios.
Things You Will Be Doing
- Independently create and conduct analysis to support investment management and risk management decision processes.
- Add new analytics and stress scenarios as the portfolio or market changes
- Work with the portfolio management team to determine optimal trading strategies and hedging designs for specific portfolios
- Communicate effectively through the usage of proper interpersonal skills when meeting with the portfolio management teams. Be able to adapt the communication of concepts to the needs and abilities of any audience appropriate
- Back-test current and proposed trades
- 3+ years of financial industry experience, most of it focused on reporting, programming or other modeling activities related to the trading of financial securities
- Proficient experience with computer programming such as Matlab, SAS, SQL, VBA, R and Hadoop-related technologies.
- Experience with BlackRock Aladdin, MSCI Barra, or RiskMetrics is preferred
- Exceptional Academic background in a quantitative discipline (statistics, engineering, mathematics, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills